Tuesday, April 8, 2014

fashion to and fro

Good morning friends! I'm not wearing my top in LA as I had once hoped, but there is no retraction from the
summery feeling it brings.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check out my post "lucky at beverly hills, in forever 21".

The sun is up, the sky is blue, it's a perfect Beatles song out in the great, vast world. Truly.

I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself wearing my Bongo wedges today. Looks may be deceiving from my window sill. I suppose I'll figure that out once I venture into daylight.

I really like wearing tall shoes lately, meaning heels, but tall just sounds different and statuesque or something. Just roll with me here-

But not actually! No sprained ankles today. Please.

Alright, aside from my lame 'tall shoe'-'broken ankle' jokes there are two fashion things I'm looking forward to lately.

One is the arrival of my free Keds in the mail. Yes, free! I was one of the fortunate winners of a pair from the Keds Brave Goal sweepstakes. I am beyond excited to get the box in the mail. If there are three things I love, they are...



Red Keds, Image from bravehearts.com

1. Mail

2. Free Stuff

and

3. Clothes

I love my family and friends too, but you get the point. There are a lot of things I love. My free Keds that should be coming in the mail either today or tomorrow just happen to fit under three of these many categories.





Dream Haze Top, Image from nastygal.com
The other piece of fashion to and fro I have for you is my internal debate as to whether or not to start my relationship with Nasty Gal, officially.

I'm a frequent browser, but have never been a buyer. I spoke with an online sales representative yesterday about this 'dream haze' top from Nasty Gal and my crush over this top has not swayed.

I love the color and the cut out of this piece. I'm not sure about buying it quite yet, because I always think of the worst that could happen-

What if it doesn't fit the way I want?

What if it looks different on me than I think it will?

What if it's actually ugly in real life?


What if? WHAT IF?

You know the feels, I'm sure. I don't know if this top will be the start of my relationship with NastyGal clothes. It has the potential to push me into relationship mode, but I've yet to be completely overcome with reason to buy.

I'll be sure to let you know what happens! For now, I'll keep my simple relationship with Keds in mind. Love, love, love that.

3 comments:

  1. Follow what your heart tells you. :)

    And I love your blog, btw!. Followed you on Bloglovin. I hope you'd check my blog too and follow-back. :)

    xx
    Katherine @ Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will definitely do that and I will also check out your blog. Thank you for the compliment. I'm so glad you enjoy it. I'll be sure to follow you back. Have a fabulous day!

      Julia Rose

      Delete
    2. Thank you and you're welcome Julia! :)

      Delete